Buyer – Civil
Function / Sub Function
No of direct reports
Purpose of the Role:
Finalisation of Techno-Commercial requirements for Airport Business for civil works, design consultancy works and professional services as per standard operating procedures of the function.
List down all key activities, responsibilities that the role is entrusted with:
1) Leading, managing and performing end-to-end procurement process.
2) Create, maintain and update Vendor Database for timely utilisation.
3) Pre-Qualification of Vendors and on-boarding process.
4) Process the Tenders as per inputs from Engineering/ Project Department.
5) Follow appropriate tendering processes as per the requirement of business i. e. Open Tender, public tender, closed tender etc.
6) Promptly respond to RFIs and provide unambiguous responses to bidders.
7) Assist in technical evaluation and negotiate contractual and commercial bids to shortlist proposed bidder for award of work.
8) Process the Note for Approval for award of work as per DoA.
9) Preparing Service Order/ Contract through IT enabled platforms i. e. SAP/ ARIBA covering all standard policies and procedures and incorporating agreed provisions. Obtain unconditional acceptance from proposed contractor.
10) Vendor Performance Evaluation. Vendor development, monitoring vendor/sub-contractor performance. Building long term relationship with vendors/sub-contractors to achieve best rates.
1) Tender process and finalizing the negotiation, Award of Works.
2) Vendor Database and Vendor Management.
3) Utilisation of IT Enabled platform to perform the functional activities.
4) Data creation, management, updation and retrieval.
Dimensions of Role
Techno-Commercial for Airport Business
Key Stakeholders (List down internal, external stakeholders with whom the role requires to interact)
All Commercial Team members
Quality & Safety
BE/ B. Tech – Civil +
(1) Tendering processes
(2) Techno-Commercial and Contractual Negotiation.
(3) Contracts Finalisation
(4) SAP activities and ARIBA experience related to Commercial function.
(5) Excel and Word
No of Yrs: 13 – 15 Years
CTC Details: As per HR Policy
Sectors/Organizations to look at: Specific experience in Airport Business.
Keywords for Recruiter: Contract Finalization, EPC, Airport, Pre-Qualification, Tendering, Negotiation, Evaluation,